Monday 7 January 2008

Happy New Year!

Welcome, welcome 2008!

I am looking forward - somewhat - to the coming 12 months. I am tirelessly optimistic. I even managed not to cry on New Year's Day - a first for me as I am often tearful when I consider my previous years existence!

2007 was a great success for me professionally - I am now working regularly as a Criminologist and finished the year with some positive news; a new 18-month contract on another research project, hurray! I am also one third of the way through my current course, a qualification in teaching in higher education, with great feedback so far.

2007 has also been another wonderful year with L. We have had numerous fun nights, both in and out, spent lots of time with friends and family, had plenty of holidays - the last of which was on the other side of the world! - and our relationship has grown and been stronger with each passing month. We are very happy together.

2008 offers us the possibility of increasing that happiness.

I have just started my third month of infertility treatment and am as confident and positive as I could possibly be. There is still oodles of hope, and there is plenty of time, so I refuse to feel anything less than confident. We are on Day 4 of my cycle so, who knows, this time next month could be expecting our first babe!

Happy New Year

GGxx

3 comments:

Feebee said...

Congrats on the job! My career took a complete nosedive during infertility.

Best of luck this month.

Feebee said...

Btw, you look a bit like me - blue eyes and freckles! Love the pic.

Girl Grissom said...

Thanks :) Somehow, and I'm not sure how, I've gained a great reputation in work and am in demand! Not sure how I've managed it though! ha ...

PS I think the blue eyes and freckles are the only similarity - the rest of me is hippo sized!